Last Mile Health
Last Mile Health is creating a new health workforce to bring care to remote villages in Liberia. Last Mile trains community members and former patients to serve as frontline health workers, delivering comprehensive home-based medical, social, economic services to communities previously deemed unreachable.
Five goals underpin the Last Mile program model:
1) Target the poorest, most remote villages.
2) Recruit, train, support and employ villagers to serve as professional frontline health workers.
3) Provide comprehensive home-based care to women and children.
4) Integrate home-based care with clinical services at primary health care facilities.
5) Drive high performance through novel technology-driven training, research and information systems.
Last Mile Health (SM) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation with offices in Boston, MA and Liberia.